One of the classic design styles for any room is rustic inspiration. There’s just something about it – the immediate sense of warmth, familiarity and comfort without being too precious about design. Rustic style oak furniture, particularly bedroom furniture, is always long lasting and a great investment, as you can adapt your personal style around it easily. You can find many of these items at local discount bedroom furniture stores on oak furniture sales, so keep your eyes peeled for any gems hidden away. Read on for some of our favourite picks for a rustic style bedroom….
1. Oak Wood Wardrobe - reclaimed oak wood has a unique character as it is sourced from wood salvaged from a past life – whether it’s been used in industrial, home, or construction uses – this gives the furniture a one of a kind feel. A classic large wardrobe is a perfect storage solution for a bedroom, when paired with additional drawer space. The light stained oak finish means this style would look great in a bright and spacious room. With unobtrusive black metallic handles, it looks clean and simple without being boring.
2. Oak blanket box - a blanket box is a fantastic and original way of creating storage for those occasional seasonal items – blankets, duvets, or for kids’ rooms, ideal for hiding away cuddly toys and books to keep the clutter at bay. Blanket boxes are an ideal piece of bedroom furniture as they are so versatile and attractive. Look out for a classic blanket box at an oak furniture sale and snap up one of these handy units.
3. Rustic style chest of drawers – you can often find a good chest of drawers as part of a bedroom furniture set, so if you’re looking for cheap bedroom furniture, it might be handy to take this option. Bedroom furniture sales will also often have well-made individual units – like this gorgeous oak chest of drawers made of reclaimed oak. To keep with the rustic theme, opt for natural stained woods and minimal embellishments – less is definitely more when it comes to creating a classic styled room.
4. Classic oak bed - To keep things simple and contemporary, opt for a minimal bedrame in a natural oak finish. Pick a size that works for your bedroom – bedroom furniture sales abound in a variety of choice, so find the bed that is right for you. A tall headboard can add impact and drama. when it comes to bedding, go for natural fibres and neutral shades, rather than overdoing the ‘rustic’ look. Natural blankets and throws in soft merino wool bring the classic look right up to date.
5. Rustic decor tips – vintage gilt edged mirrors give a beautifully luxurious touch to a classically rustic room. For a truly rustic feel, look for pretty mismatched frames and mirrors at a local car boot sale or antique stores. The mixed up look only adds to the charm of a cottage-style decor. Other great touches to go with the rustic theme are fresh flowers – you can’t go wrong with a bright summery bouquet of wildflowers and ferns.